1. B. Shiferaw et al. Crops that feed the world 6. Past successes and future challenges to the role played by maize in global food security. Food Security, 3 (3) 307 (2001).
2. J. Llusià, J. Peñuelas, S. Munné Bosch, Sustained accumulation of methyl salicylate alters antioxidant protection and reduces tolerance of holm oak to heat stress. Physiologia Plantarum, 124 (3), 353-361 (2005).
3. T. Gupta, S. Hunsigi, Improving the performance of peppermint (Mentha piperita) by physical seed priming under semi-arid conditions. Indian Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, (Special Issue) 15-21 (2010).
4. L.L. Chastokolenko, Effect of magnetic fields on division of somatic cells of plants. Cytology and genetics (USA), 5, 18-28 (1984).
5. J. Sádecká, Irradiation of spices—a review. Czech Journal of Food Sciences. 25 (5), 231-242 (2007).
6. C.Y. Çiftçi, et al. Use of gamma rays to induce mutations in four pea (Pisum sativum L.) cultivars. Turkish Journal of Biology, 30 (1), 29-37 (2006).
7. J.E. Gunckel, A.H. Sparrow, In: External factors affecting growth and development. Encyclopedia of plant physiology, edited by W. Ruhland (Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1961), 555-611.
8. J.H. Kim, et al. Alterations in the photosynthetic pigments and antioxidant machineries of red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) seedlings from gamma-irradiated seeds. Journal of Plant Biology, 47 (4), 314-321 (2004).
9. S.G. Wi, et al. Ultrastructural changes of cell organelles inArabidopsis stems after gamma irradation. Journal of Plant Biology, 48 (2), 195-200 (2005).
10. D.S. Radhadevi, N.K. Nayar, Gamma ray induced fruit character variations in Nendran, a variety of banana (Musa paradasiaca L.). Geobios, 23 (2-3), 88-93 (1996).
11. R. Kumari, Y. Singh, Effect of gamma rays and EMS on seed germination and plant survival of Pisum sativum L. and Lens culinaris. Medicine Neo Botanica, 4 (1), 25-29 (1996).
12. T. Charbaji, I. Nabulsi, Effect of low doses of gamma irradiation on in vitro growth of grapevine. Plant cell, tissue and organ culture, 57 (2), 129-132 (1999).
13. M.H. Baek, et al. Alleviation of salt stress by low dose γ-irradiation in rice. Biologia plantarum, 49 (2), 273-276 (2005).
14. B. Chakravarty, S. Sen, Enhancement of regeneration potential and variability by γ-irradiation in cultured cells of Scilla indica. Biologia plantarum, 44 (2), 189-193 (2001).
15. J.S. Kim, et al. Influence of low dose gamma radiation on the growth of maize (Zea mays L.) varieties. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture, 19 (4), 328-331 (2000).
16. J.H. Kim, et al, Effects ofin Planta gamma-irradiation on growth, photosynthesis, and antioxidative capacity of red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) plants. Journal of Plant Biology, 48 (1), 47-56 (2005).
17. S. Jawardena, R. Peiris, Food crop breeding in Sri Lanks-Archivements and challenges. Biol News, 2, 22-34 (1988).
18. C. Mokobia, O. Anomohanran, The effect of gamma irradiation on the germination and growth of certain Nigerian agricultural crops. Journal of Radiological protection, 25 (2), 181-188 (2005).
19. J. Maity, et al. Modulation of some quantitative and qualitative characteristics in rice (Oryza sativa L.) and mung (Phaseolus mungo L.) by ionizing radiation. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 74 (5), 391-394 (2005).
20. T.A. Wiendl, et al, In: Proceedings of the International Nuclear Atlantic Conference-INAC, (Associacao Brasileira de Energia Nuclear-ABEN, Recife, PE, Brazil, 2013).
21. S. Laleh, et al. Short Communication: Interaction of salt stress and gamma ray on seed germination and seedling growth of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Environmental Stresses in Crop Sciences, 6 (2), 183-188 (2014).
22. K. Palvaneh, et al. Investigation of gamma ray effects on pollen germination and parthenogenic haploid embryogenesis in Rosa damascena Mill. Iranian Journal of Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research, 21 (1), 45-55 (2013).
23. S. Sabouri Rad, et al. Assessing the possibility of increased salinity tolerance in kochia (Kochia scoparia L.) as a new forage plant with application of gamma ray technique. Journal of agroecology, 2 (2), 31-41 (2012) (In Persian).
24. A. Pirzad, et al. Effect of gamma irradiation before seed germination and different levels of nitrogen on growth and yield of German chamomile. Journal of Crops Improvement, 17 (2), 297-311 (2015) (In Persian).
25. K.S. Biradar, P. Salimath, R. Ravikumar, Genetic variability for seedling vigour, yield and yield Components in local germplasm collections of Greengram (Vigna radiata (L.) wilczek). Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 20 (3), 608-609 (2007).
26. M.A. Ranal, et al. Calculating germination measurements and organizing spreadsheets. Brazilian Journal of Botany, 32 (4), 849-855 (2009).
27. A. Soltani, Re-consideration of application of statistical methods in agricalture researches. (Jihad-e-Daneshgahi Mashhad, Mashad, Iran, 2006) (In Persian).
28. B. Shojaie, A.A. Ehsanpour, M.R. Abdi, Effects of gamma radiation on growth, total protein, viability and DNA damages in potato callus. Iranian Journal of Biology, 23 (1), 125-131 (2010) (In Persian).
29. B. Naserian Kbiabani, et al. Suitable gamma ray dose determination in order to induce genetic variation in kaboli chickpea (Cicer arietinum L). Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 4 (42), 19-25 (2008) (In Persian).
30. M. Hosseinpour-feizi, et al. Evaluation of the Effects of Cobalt-60 Gamma Radiation on Budding of Triticum aestivum Seeds. Journal of Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, 5 (1), 11-16 (2006) (In Persian).
31. R. Momeni, N. Babaeian Jelodar, N. Bagheri, Evaluation of Effect of Gamma Rays Irradiation for Increasing of Variation in Germination and Agronomic Traits in Oilseed rape (Brassica napus L.). Iranian Journal of Field Crops Research, 9 (3), 331-339 (2011) (In Persian).
32. M. Bahmani, S. Yousefi, D. Kartoolinejad, The effects of gamma radiation on seed germination and vigour of Caper (Capparis spinosa var. parviflora) medicinal plant. Iranian Journal of Seed Research, 3 (1), 15-26 (2016) (In Persian).
33. B.Y. Chung, et al. Effects of low-dose gamma-irradiation on production of shikonin derivatives in callus cultures of Lithospermum erythrorhizon, S. Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 75 (9), 1018-1023 (2006).
34. A. Vasilenko, P. Sidorenko, Alterations in adenylate ratios in plant cells after accelerated ion irradiation. Advances in Space Research, 18 (1-2), 59-62 (1996).
35. H.R. Moussa, Role of gamma irradiation in regulation of NO 3 level in rocket (Eruca vesicaria subsp. sativa) plants. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 53 (2), 193-197 (2006).
36. T. Nagata, et al. γ-Radiation induces leaf trichome formation in Arabidopsis. Plant physiology, 120 (1), 113-120 (1999).
37. J. Moore, L. Hough, The influence of gamma irradiation and photoperiod on auxin levels and growth of the strawberry plant. Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club, 89(6), 381-398 (1962).
38. S.G. Wi, et al. Effects of gamma irradiation on morphological changes and biological responses in plants. Micron, 38 (6), 553-564 (2007).
39. V.V. Kuznetsov, N. Shevyakova, Proline under stress: biological role, metabolism, and regulation. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 46 (2), 274-287 (1999).
40. R. Zaka, C. Chenal, M. Misset, Study of external low irradiation dose effects on induction of chromosome aberrations in Pisum sativum root tip meristem. Mutation Research/Genetic Toxicology and Environmental Mutagenesis, 517 (1-2), 87-99 (2002).