This journal is aligned with Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and complies with the highest ethical standards in accordance with ethical laws.
Charter of Ethics Journal of Nuclear science and technology designed based on guidelines provided by the Publication Ethics Committee (COPE) and all users are expected to adhere to these ethics. Obviously, any plagiarism or other immoral behavior will result in the removal of the article from the arbitration process. This charter is designed to determine the duties and responsibilities of authors, editors, editorial board members, and referees.
All submitted manuscripts are checked for similarity through a trustworthy software to be assured about its originality and then rigorously peer-reviewed by the international reviewers.
Publication and Authorship
- All research papers are subjected to the editorial review, blind peer-review process by three scientific experts (reviewers) selected by editor-in-chief or managing editors or both.
- Manuscripts are evaluated in review based on the originality, technical quality, clarity of presentation and importance to field and the style of Persian writing.
- Manuscripts are accepted, revised or rejected based on the reviewer’s evaluation and decision of respective editorial committee.
- Revised manuscripts are presented to the respective editorial committee and decisions are made based on the committee’s decision.
- Rejected articles are archived in the journal database.
- The paper will be accepted and published online after verification of legal requirements, author’s agreement regarding liability, copyright and plagiarism.
- Plagiarism is strictly followed by the team of researchers in the institute and cross-reference checked before acceptance.
- Certification by authors should be done while submitting manuscript electronically regarding originality of their manuscript. It should also be certified that submitted manuscript is nowhere under publication or consideration for publication.
- Corrections of mistakes and revisions following the reviewer’s comments should be forwarded to the managing editor of journal within 30 days of notification.
- Acknowledgement and affiliation of all authors should be given in manuscript and it should be declared if there is any conflict of interest among authors or organizations.
- Reporting errors in published work is highly appreciated as it helps to improve the quality of papers.
- The authors have no right to withdraw their articles when the review process has been completed.
- Privacy and secrecy of manuscript should be maintained at all costs. As all the submitted manuscripts to reviewers are blind work but still their originality should be preserved and focused as a top priority.
- Peer-review process should be completed as soon as possible and the comments on the originality of paper should be forwarded to editor in chief to make a decision regarding revision, acceptance and rejection.
- Suggestions by the reviewers identifying relevant published work should be given to the authors and editors in authors and editor’s comments section of reviewers form.
- Plagiarism including overlap of manuscript with other published paper should be reported so that editorial board can make a solid decision regarding manuscripts acceptance or rejection.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts which don’t have conflict of interests statement in manuscript.
- All responsible editors (Editor in Chief, Managing Editor and Heads of Editorial Committees) have full authority to reject/accept any article and they are responsible for the overall quality of the publication.
- Editors should always propose and implement strategies to improve the quality of publication.
- Quality and integrity of author’s academic record should be considered before considering any article.
- Originality and quality of paper, clarity of presentation and relevance to publication's scope should be the only sole characteristics for accepting or rejecting any manuscript.
- Finalized decisions should not be overturned without any serious reason.
- Anonymity of reviewers and authors should be preserved until a decision has not been made regarding the manuscript.
- Editors should find out a solution for ethical issues and problems including conflict of authors regarding their published or unpublished papers.
- Rejections should not be made based on suspicions.
- Conflicts of interests among editorial members, authors and reviewers should be resolved properly according to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)* guidelines.
Publication Plagiarism Statements
- All rules defined by COPE should be followed by editorial members, reviewers and authors.
- An article can be withdrawn from its first phase (Editorial review process) but when it is in review process, the penalty should be discussed and paid to the editorial management committee before requesting withdrawn of respective article.
- Any major change can be done in the accepted article after presenting a solid reason.
- All editorial members and authors must are to publish any kind of corrections honestly and completely.
- Publication ethics should be followed in manuscript. A huge plagiarism, or presentation of fraudulent data may enlist authors as violators of COPE rules and their black listed names will be forwarded to COPE when decision has been made by editorial board.
The Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology is published under license (CC-By 4.0) and individuals can use its contents only if they cite the main article published in this journal. By submitting an article to this journal, all intellectual property rights include the right to publish the article will belong to the authors, provided that the original reference of the articles (Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology) is mentioned and cited in republishing and using the content of the articles.