1. K. Chandra Sekhar, C.T. Kamala, N.S. Chary, Y. Anjaneyulu, Removal of Heavy metals using a plant biomas with reference to evironemental control, Int. J. Miner. Process. 68 (2003) 37-45.
2. S.S. Ahluwalia, Goyal, Microbial and plant derived biomass for removal of heavy metals from wastewater, Bioresource Technol, 08 (2007) 2243-2257.
3. B. Volesky, Sorption and Biosorption, BV Sorbex, Inc., Canada. (2003).
4. R.R. Sheha, E. Metwally, Equilibrium isotherm modeling of cesium adsorption on magnetic materials, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 143 (2007) 354-361.
5. M. Yamaura, C.H. Costa, A.P.G. Yamamura, Adsorption studies for Cr(VI) onto magnetic particles covered with chitosan, Proceeding of 2007 International Nuclear Atlantic Conference, Santos, Brazil, Sep30–Oct 5 (2007).
6. A.P.G. Yamamura, M. Yamaura, Preparation and evaluation of adsorption properties of the magnetic bagasse, Proceeding of 2007 International Nuclear Atlantic Conference, Santos, Brazil, Sep30–Oct5 (2007).
7. M. Yamaura, L.P. da Silva, L.Z. de Souza, R. A. Monteiro, Carregador magnético de CMPO para adsorcao de U e Th, Proceeding of 2005 International Nuclear Atlantic Conference, Santos, Brazil, Aug 28–Sep 2 (2005).
8. M. Yamaura, R.L. Camilo, L.C. Sampaio, M.A. Macedo, M. Nakamura, H.E. Toma, Preparation and characterization of (3-aminopropyl) triethoxysilane-coated magnetite nanoparticles, J. Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 279 (2004) 210-217.
9. L.C.B. Stopa, M. Yamaura, Uranium removal by chitosan impregnated with magnetite nanoparticles: adsorption and desorption, International Nuclear Atlantic Conference- INAC 2009, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, September 27 to October 2 (2009).
10. A.P.G. Yamamura, M. Yamaura, C.H. Costa, Magnetic biosorbent for removal of uranyl ions, International Nuclear Atlantic Conference- INAC 2009 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, September 27 to October 2 (2009).
11. Fathi Habashi, A Texbook of Hydrometallurgy, Department of mining and metallurgy, Laval niversity, Quebec city, Canada, (1993) 430-440.
12. Constantinou Eleni, Pashalidis Ioannis, Thorium determination in water samples by liquid scintillation counting after its separation by cloud point extraction, J Radioanal Nucl Chem, 287 (2011) 261–265.
13. D. Alamelu, SK. Aggarwal, Determination of 235U/238U atom ratio in uranium samples using liquid scintillation counting (LSC), Talanta, 77 (2009) 991-4.
14. V. Gomez Escobar, F. Vera Tomé, JC. Lozano, A. Martín Sánchez, Extractive procedure for uranium determination in water samples by liquid scintillation counting, Appl Radiat Isot. 49 (1998) 875-83.
15. A. Ahmadpour, D.D. Do, The preparation of activated carbon from coal by chemical and physical activation, Carbon, 34 (1996) 471-479.
16. R.Y. Hong, J.H. Li, J. Ding, Y. Zheng, D.G. Wei, Synthesis of Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles without inert gas protection used as precursors of magnetic fluids, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 320 (2008) 1605-1614.
17. S.K. Kazy, S.K. Das, P. Sar, Lanthanum biosorption by a Pseudomonas sp: equilibrium studies and chemical characterization, Journal of Industrial Microbiology Biotechnology, 33 (2006) 773-783.
18. M.C. Palmieri, B. Volesky, O. Garcia, Biosorption of lanthanium using Sargassum Fluitans in batch system, Hydrometallury, 67 (2002) 31-36.
19. K. Vijayaraghavan, M.H. Han, S.B. Y-S. Choi and Yun Biosorption of reactive black by Corynebacterium glutamicum biomass immobilized in alginate and polysulfone matrices, Chemosphere, 68 (2007) 1838-1845.
20. J. Febianto, A.N. Kosasih, J. Sunarso, Y.H. Ju, N. Indraswati, S. Ismadji, Equilibrium and kinetic studies in adsorption of heavy metals using biosorbent: A summary of recent studies, J Hazard Mater, 162 (2009) 616-545.
21. B. Volesky, Biosorption process simulation tools, Hydrometallurgy, 71 (2003) 179-190.
22. M. Jnr. Horsfall, A.I. Spiff, A.A. Abia, Studies on the influence of ercaptoacetic acid (MAA) modification of cassava (manihot sculenta cranz) waste biomass on the adsorption of Cu2+ and Cd2+ from aqueous solution. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 25 (2004) 969-976.
23. H. Parab, S. Joshi, N. Shenoy, R. Verma, A. Lali, M. Sudersanan, Uranium removal from aqueous solution by coir pith: equilibrium and kinetic studies. Bioresour. Technol. 96 (2005) 1241-1248.
24. M. Yamaura, R.L. Camilo, M.C.F.C. Felinto, Synthesis and performance of organiccoated magnetite particles. J. Alloys Compd., 344 (2002) 152-156.
25. N.D. Hutson, R.T. Yang, Theoretical basis for the Dubinin–Radushkevitch (D–R) adsorption isotherm equation, Adsorption 3 (1997) 189–195.
26. P.B. Bhakat, A.K. Gupta, S. Ayoob, S. Kundu, Investigations on arsenic(V) removal by modiﬁed calcined bauxite, Colloid Surf. A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, 281 (2006) 237-245.
27. M. Mahramanlioglu, I. Kizilcikli, IO. Bicer, Adsorption of fluoride from aqueous solution by acid treated spent bleaching earth, Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 115 (2002) 41–47.
28. P. Bhunia, A. Pal, M. Bandyopadhyay, Assessing arsenic leachability from pulverized cement concrete produced from arsenic-laden solid CalSiCo-sludge, J. Hazard Mater. 141 (2007) 826-833.
29. S. Maity, S. Chakravarty, S. Bhattacharjee, BC. Roy, A study on arsenic adsorption on polymetallic sea nodule in aqueous mediu, Water Research, 39 (2005) 2579-2590.
30. S. Lagergren, Zur theorie der sogenannten adsorption gelöster stoffe, Kungliga Svenska Vetenskapsakademiens, Handlingar, 24 (1898) 1–39.
31. G. Blanchard, M. Maunaye, G. Martin, Removal of heavy metals from waters by means of natural zeolites, Water Research 18, (1984) 1501–1507.
32. W.J. Weber, J.C. Morris, Kinetics of adsorption on carbon from solution, J. Sanit. Eng. Div. AM. Soc. Civ. Eng. 89 (1963) 31-60.
33. S. Gueu, B. Yao, K. Adouby, G. Ado, Kinetics and thermodynamics study of lead adsorption on to activated carbons from coconut and seed hull of the plam tree, Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech. 4(2007) 11-17.
34. P. Sar, S.F.D Souza, Biosorption of thorium(IV) by a Pseudomonas biomass, Biotechnol. Lett. 24 (2003) 239-243.
35. Atlas of Eh-pH diagrams Intercomparison of thermodynamic databases Geological Survey of Japan Open File Report No. 419 (May 2005).
36. M. Wazne, X. Meng, G.P. Korfiatis, C. Christodoulatos, Carbonate Effects on Hexavalent Uranium Removal from Water by Nano-crystalline Titanium Dioxide, Journal of Hazardous Material, 136 (1) (2005) 47-52.
37. S. Saxena, M. Prasad, S.F. D'Souza, Radionuclide sorption onto low-cost mineral adsorbent, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 45 (2006) 9122–9128.
38. M.A. Hanif, R. Nadeem, H.N. Bhatti, N.R. Ahmad, T.M. Ansari, Ni(II) biosorption by Cassia ﬁstula (Golden Shower) biomass, J. Hazard Mater, 139 (2007) 345-355.
39. A. Zubair, H.N. Bhatti, M.A. Hanif, F. Shafqat, Kinetic and Equilibrium Modeling for Cr(III) and Cr(VI) Removal from Aqueous Solutions by Citrus reticulata Waste Biomass, Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, 191 (2008) 305-318.
40. Z. Aksu, Equilibrium and kinetic modelling of cadmium(II) biosorption by C. vulgaris in a batch system: effect of temperature, Separation and Purification Technology, 21 (2001) 285-294.
41. C. Gok, S. Aytas, Biosorption of uranium(VI) from aqueous solution using calcium alginate beads, J. Hazard Mater. 168 (2009) 369-375.
42. X.P. Liao, B. Shi, Adsorption of fluoride on zirconium (IV)-impregnated collagen fiber, Environ. Sci. Technol. 39 (2005) 4628-4632.
43. M. Kalin, W.N. Wheeler, G. Meinrath, The removal of uranium from mining waste water using algal/ microbial biomass, J. Environ. Radioactive. 78 (2005) 151- 177.
44. H.M. Jnr, AI. Spiff, Effect of temperature on the sorption of Pb2+ and Cd+2 ions from aqueous solutions by caladium (wildcocoyam) biomass, Electronic J. Biotechnol, 8 (2005) 162-169.
45. H.N. Bhatti, R. Khalid, M.A. Hanif, Dynamic biosorption of Zn(II), Cu(II) using pretreated Rosa gruss an teplitz (red rose) distillation sludge, Chem. Eng. J. 148 (2009) 434-443.
46. S.V. Bhat, J.S. Melo, B.B. Chaugule, S.F. D’Souza, Biosorption characteristics of uranium (VI) from aqueous medium onto Catenella repens, a red alga., Journal of Hazardous materials, 158 (2008) 628-635.